Sunday, February 5, 2012

Workboxes

In our homeschool days we use something called WORKBOXES.  I got this idea from the Five In A Row Forums, you can go to the website and check out the forums and become a member if you like.  Anyways, I go this idea about workboxes and I thought, maybe this is something that we could use to keep us on track and give Curtis some sort of schedule.

So I went to Sue Patrick's Workbox System  and I got started on our new venture.  I highly recommend purchasing Sue's book and doing a search for WORKBOXES, it really helps to see other homeschoolers set up and read about how they use the system.  I have 'tweeked' Sue's system to fit our needs and you can do the same thing.  Here are our present day workboxes (I think these will be keepers).  This is just a scrapbook rolling cart that I purchased at Jo-Anne Fabrics, got it on clearance for about $20.00.  There are 10 drawers and although Sue's system states 12 boxes, we have found that 10 are better for us. We also use a VISUAL SCHEDULE (this is something that Curtis' Occupational Therapist suggested) and here it is.

This is how our workboxes are set up

  • Box 1 - Bible Study
  • Box 2 - Math
  • Box 3 - Handwriting
  • Box 4 - History
  • Box 5 - Phonics/Reading
  • Box 6 - Science
  • Box 7 - Spelling
  • Box 8 - Unit Study/Five In A Row
  • Box 9 - Language Arts
  • Box 10 - Miscellaneous (this is where I keep my binder with all of Curtis' assignments and our Weekly Reader assignments.  We don't do these a lot, so we don't always use box 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment