Friday, February 10, 2012

Crochet!

This is one of my new found loves!

I watched my Granny Rose crochet for years and years, but never learned how to do it myself.  I aways wanted too, but just never did.  I look back at all the things she crocheted with her 2 hands and I think, WOW she had a real gift.


My Granny Rose did so much, not just crochet.  She raised 10 children, kept house and when she was older, she walked on not one but two artificial legs!  Yep, she had 2 artificial legs.  She was a diabetic and had to have both of her legs cut off just below the knee.  I remember her still standing in the kitchen at the big cook stove and canning and cooking Sunday meals.

But sitting in the living room watching her crochet was what I liked best.  Just to look at all the beautiful colors of yarn and all the hooks she had.  One thing I don't ever remember seeing was a pattern!  I never seen her use a pattern for any afghan she ever made!  Now looking back, I wonder what happen to all her beautiful Afghans??  I should ask some of my aunts if they have them.

As far as my crocheting goes, I am still in the BEGINNER stage.  I have made a few crafts and have enjoyed making them.  I have made my son an iPad pouch.  Two actually, still working on the second one.  I have made numerous cell phone pouches and LOTS of placemats for Christmas 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment