Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dingo

Dingo is our BIG BOY!  Dingo was found when he was a pup of about 8 or 9 weeks old, he is now 12 years old.  Dingo is a yellow lab/pit bull/shar pei mix.  We did not find out about him being a possible pit bull until he was nearly 4 or 5 years old, maybe a little older.  Before we found out, I always told my husband that if he turned out to have pit mixed in him, we would have him put down.  Of course at that time I didn't know anything about pit bulls only that they were 'mean' dogs.  I did some research and found that being mean and aggressive is NOT their true nature.  Or at least not for Dingo!  He is the sweetest, most kindest dog but he is intimidating!  His massive size does scare a lot of people but they soon find out that he is just a big ole baby!!

My older kids, Josh and Kelsey found him and just had to bring him home.  We already had 2 big dogs at the time, Choco a chocolate lab and Shadow a black lab.  We were not intending on getting any more dogs any time soon when they called me from their maw maw and pawpaw's house (my mom and dad) and told me that this puppy followed them home and they thought someone had dropped him.  They were staying with my mom and dad at the time and so I went to look at this puppy.  Well it was instant love!  I brought him home and when Roger got home he said, like most men do; Oh NO!!!  But Dingo quickly became Roger's buddy.

We kept him inside for a few weeks and to our surprise, was house trained!!!  I knew that someone had not just dropped him, so I put up some fliers but there were no takers.  We took him to the vet and discovered that he had a skin problem and had to be given injections every day for a few weeks.  I think we may need to start doing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment